06 October 2021

TurboLand Oath in Middle School

Very late report from second Romancing the Stones Middle School league. 

4 Oath of Druids
1 Spike Weaver
1 Spike Feeder
1 Morphling

4 Horn of Greed
4 Exploration
2 Time Warp
2 Gaea's Blessing
1 Scroll Rack
4 Impulse
4 Counterspell
4 Force of Will

3 Thawing Glaciers
4 Yavimaya Coast
3 Treva's Ruins
1 Treetop Village
4 Forest
9 Island

Sideboard
4 Gainsay
4 Chill
1 Annul
1 Emerald Charm
1 Capsize
2 Spike Weaver
2 Spike Feeder

Maindeck needs more Time Warp and Scroll Rack. Morphling is bad. Sideboard is very bad. Need more answers to Deed I think. 

R1 - Jason Gaudard - Blue storm
He is on what is basically a High Tide deck without any High Tides (since it's not legal) and instead plays Sapphire Medallion and Helm of Awakening. Game one he couldn't kill me through Gaea's Blessing. Game two I had enough Gainsay, Counterspell, and Force of Will to prevent him from going off and his Helm of Awakening made my combo even easier to perform.
1-0

R2 Robert Connolly - Necro Rock
I think I steal a game when he uses his Deeds to fight over my Oaths letting me win with Horn of Green plus Exploration shenanigans. The other games the Deed was too difficult to fight through and I lost.
1-1

R3 Travis Brown - Elves
Game one I have Oath and am racing with Morphling but an Armageddon makes it hard to activate Spike Weaver. I have something like six turns in a row where if I draw a blue source to give Morphling flying I win the game but I can't find one. He also sets me back with Plow Under. Eventually he finds a second copy of Biorhythm after I had Forced the first one and it puts him out of range. Game two he has Tormod's Crypt to slow down my combo and Naturalize for my Oath so I get run over. 
1-2

R4 Will Miertschin - Grixis Control
I don't remember much besides Horn of Green, Thawing Glaciers, and Gush putting me so far ahead, and his creature removal being completely blank.
2-2

R5 Nate Golia - RW Land Tax / Devastating Dreams
He just doesn't have the tools to beat my deck.
3-2

9th place

No comments: